Oct 16, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
Uh oh, people. Justin Verlander has a lead.
Tigers designated hitter Delmon Young launched a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the fourth inning off Yankees starter Phil Hughes, pushing Detroit ahead 1-0 in this ALCS Game 3. Hughes then walked Andy Dirks and departed with a trainer after appearing to tweak something in his back.
David Phelps entered the game in relief for New York and did not allow further damage in the frame.
Verlander has surrendered just one hit over his first four innings, fanning two batters and walking none. The Tigers are up 2-0 in this seven-game series. Oh, and Robinson Cano‘s hitless streak is up to 28 at-bats.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)