Oct 16, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
Uh oh, people. Justin Verlander has a lead.
Tigers designated hitter Delmon Young launched a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the fourth inning off Yankees starter Phil Hughes, pushing Detroit ahead 1-0 in this ALCS Game 3. Hughes then walked Andy Dirks and departed with a trainer after appearing to tweak something in his back.
David Phelps entered the game in relief for New York and did not allow further damage in the frame.
Verlander has surrendered just one hit over his first four innings, fanning two batters and walking none. The Tigers are up 2-0 in this seven-game series. Oh, and Robinson Cano‘s hitless streak is up to 28 at-bats.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)