Oct 16, 2012, 9:37 PM EDT
Uh oh, people. Justin Verlander has a lead.
Tigers designated hitter Delmon Young launched a solo home run to left field in the bottom of the fourth inning off Yankees starter Phil Hughes, pushing Detroit ahead 1-0 in this ALCS Game 3. Hughes then walked Andy Dirks and departed with a trainer after appearing to tweak something in his back.
David Phelps entered the game in relief for New York and did not allow further damage in the frame.
Verlander has surrendered just one hit over his first four innings, fanning two batters and walking none. The Tigers are up 2-0 in this seven-game series. Oh, and Robinson Cano‘s hitless streak is up to 28 at-bats.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 77
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47