Oct 16, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Trump called on star Alex Rodriguez to donate his contract to charity. ”He doesn’t make the Yankees any money and he doesn’t perform,” Trump tweeted. “He is a $30M/yr rip off.”
If you called into a talk radio show to make that point you wouldn’t get past the screeners due to the cliche and pedestrian nature of his rant, but I guess if you’ve convinced enough people that you’re important, it’s newsworthy.
Trump’s take on Jeter — who just sold his penthouse in Trump’s fancy-schmancy building — is a little more inventive:
“Derek Jeter had a great career until 3 days ago when he sold his apartment at Trump World Tower,” Trump tweeted. “I told him not to sell- karma?”
Seems like the most likely explanation, yes.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)