Oct 16, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Trump called on star Alex Rodriguez to donate his contract to charity. “He doesn’t make the Yankees any money and he doesn’t perform,” Trump tweeted. “He is a $30M/yr rip off.”
If you called into a talk radio show to make that point you wouldn’t get past the screeners due to the cliche and pedestrian nature of his rant, but I guess if you’ve convinced enough people that you’re important, it’s newsworthy.
Trump’s take on Jeter — who just sold his penthouse in Trump’s fancy-schmancy building — is a little more inventive:
“Derek Jeter had a great career until 3 days ago when he sold his apartment at Trump World Tower,” Trump tweeted. “I told him not to sell- karma?”
Seems like the most likely explanation, yes.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)