Oct 16, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
If you don’t remember Angel Santos from the 2001 Red Sox or 2003 Indians, no worries. He didn’t play much and did nothing notable. But hey, looks like he made something out of himself! He rose through the ranks of a multi-million dollar business and became its second in command! The problem is the nature of that business:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Federal officials say a former Major League baseball player and 39 other people have been indicted on federal drug trafficking charges. The U.S. Attorney’s Office issued a statement on Tuesday saying that Angel Santos Berrios was second in command of a drug ring that sold crack, heroin, cocaine and prescription pills in the southern mountain town of Cayey.
Some guys just can’t let go of the spotlight.
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas