Oct 16, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
If you don’t remember Angel Santos from the 2001 Red Sox or 2003 Indians, no worries. He didn’t play much and did nothing notable. But hey, looks like he made something out of himself! He rose through the ranks of a multi-million dollar business and became its second in command! The problem is the nature of that business:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Federal officials say a former Major League baseball player and 39 other people have been indicted on federal drug trafficking charges. The U.S. Attorney’s Office issued a statement on Tuesday saying that Angel Santos Berrios was second in command of a drug ring that sold crack, heroin, cocaine and prescription pills in the southern mountain town of Cayey.
Some guys just can’t let go of the spotlight.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17