Oct 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Speculation about Jason Giambi being a candidate for the Rockies’ managerial opening is speculation no more, as Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Giambi will officially interview for the job.
Renck calls him the Rockies’ “final in-house candidate.”
Giambi hasn’t retired as a player yet and in fact underwent hernia surgery last week to get ready for a potential 2013 return, but the 41-year-old former MVP has said he’d call it quits as a player if the Rockies hire him as a manager.
Oh well. A player/manager would have been fun, especially one known to wear a t-shirt that reads “party like a rock star, hammer like a porn star, rake like an all-star.”
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness