Oct 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Speculation about Jason Giambi being a candidate for the Rockies’ managerial opening is speculation no more, as Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Giambi will officially interview for the job.
Renck calls him the Rockies’ “final in-house candidate.”
Giambi hasn’t retired as a player yet and in fact underwent hernia surgery last week to get ready for a potential 2013 return, but the 41-year-old former MVP has said he’d call it quits as a player if the Rockies hire him as a manager.
Oh well. A player/manager would have been fun, especially one known to wear a t-shirt that reads “party like a rock star, hammer like a porn star, rake like an all-star.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)