Oct 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Speculation about Jason Giambi being a candidate for the Rockies’ managerial opening is speculation no more, as Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Giambi will officially interview for the job.
Renck calls him the Rockies’ “final in-house candidate.”
Giambi hasn’t retired as a player yet and in fact underwent hernia surgery last week to get ready for a potential 2013 return, but the 41-year-old former MVP has said he’d call it quits as a player if the Rockies hire him as a manager.
Oh well. A player/manager would have been fun, especially one known to wear a t-shirt that reads “party like a rock star, hammer like a porn star, rake like an all-star.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)