Oct 16, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Lance Berkman was left off the Cardinals’ playoff roster following knee surgery, but said today that he could potentially be ready to play in the World Series.
B.J. Rains of FOXSportsMidwest.com reports that Berkman has started light running and “thinks there’s real chance” he could be added to the roster if the Cardinals advance past the Giants.
Berkman made a pinch-hitting appearance in the Cardinals’ regular season finale, but before that hadn’t played since September 7. He obviously isn’t going to bump Allen Craig out of the lineup, but even at less than full strength Berkman could be a nice bat to have available off the bench.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)