Oct 16, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Lance Berkman was left off the Cardinals’ playoff roster following knee surgery, but said today that he could potentially be ready to play in the World Series.
B.J. Rains of FOXSportsMidwest.com reports that Berkman has started light running and “thinks there’s real chance” he could be added to the roster if the Cardinals advance past the Giants.
Berkman made a pinch-hitting appearance in the Cardinals’ regular season finale, but before that hadn’t played since September 7. He obviously isn’t going to bump Allen Craig out of the lineup, but even at less than full strength Berkman could be a nice bat to have available off the bench.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)