Oct 16, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The contract of Jays President and CEO Paul Beeston is expiring, but he’s not going anyplace. Shi Davidi reports that he and the Jays are hammering out an extension:
Paul Beeston will remain president and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays past the Oct. 31 expiration of his contract, as he and the club are believed to be working toward a two-year extension.
Beeston was the first ever employee of the Blue Jays from back in the expansion days and helmed the club for years. After a stint as Bud’s second-in-command with Major League Baseball, he returned to the Jays.
The coolest thing ever was when he was tasked with finding his successor in 2009, looked around for a while, couldn’t find anyone better and hired himself. Which was probably the right move.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)