Oct 16, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The contract of Jays President and CEO Paul Beeston is expiring, but he’s not going anyplace. Shi Davidi reports that he and the Jays are hammering out an extension:
Paul Beeston will remain president and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays past the Oct. 31 expiration of his contract, as he and the club are believed to be working toward a two-year extension.
Beeston was the first ever employee of the Blue Jays from back in the expansion days and helmed the club for years. After a stint as Bud’s second-in-command with Major League Baseball, he returned to the Jays.
The coolest thing ever was when he was tasked with finding his successor in 2009, looked around for a while, couldn’t find anyone better and hired himself. Which was probably the right move.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 0
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)