Oct 16, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The contract of Jays President and CEO Paul Beeston is expiring, but he’s not going anyplace. Shi Davidi reports that he and the Jays are hammering out an extension:
Paul Beeston will remain president and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays past the Oct. 31 expiration of his contract, as he and the club are believed to be working toward a two-year extension.
Beeston was the first ever employee of the Blue Jays from back in the expansion days and helmed the club for years. After a stint as Bud’s second-in-command with Major League Baseball, he returned to the Jays.
The coolest thing ever was when he was tasked with finding his successor in 2009, looked around for a while, couldn’t find anyone better and hired himself. Which was probably the right move.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 18
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)