Oct 17, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Eric Chavez, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Russell Martin, C 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. Brett Gardner, CF 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Gerald Laird, C SP CC Sabathia, LH SP Max Scherzer, RH
Another day, another set of changes to the Yankees’ lineup as Joe Girardi has decided to have Curtis Granderson join Alex Rodriguez on the bench against right-hander Max Scherzer. Brett Gardner replaces Granderson in center field, but will bat eighth tonight instead of leading off like he did last night. Nick Swisher is back in the lineup after being benched for Game 3 and Girardi has flipped Robinson Cano and Mark Teixeira in the 3-4 spots.
Omar Infante is healthy enough to play after injuring his thumb late in Game 3, which means Jim Leyland can go with his standard lineup versus left-handers that includes Gerald Laird in for Alex Avila behind the plate and Avisail Garcia subbed for Quintin Berry in the outfield.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)