Oct 17, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Rain, rain, go away. And all that sort of stuff.
Game 3 of the NLCS was pushed into a rain delay in the bottom of the seventh due to storms blowing through downtown St. Louis, and now Game 4 of the ALCS has also been affected by wet weather.
Neither starting pitcher has warmed up at Detroit’s Comerica Park with the scheduled first pitch time having already passed. We will provide updates throughout the night. It’s not guaranteed to clear up.
UPDATE, 8:59 PM: The grounds crew just removed the bases and on-deck circle mats from the field. It sounds like this ALCS Game 4 is going to be postponed. Thursday’s forecast also calls for rain.
UPDATE, 9:23 PM: The game has been postponed. It will be made up Thursday at 4:07 p.m. ET.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)