Oct 17, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
Rain, rain, go away. And all that sort of stuff.
Game 3 of the NLCS was pushed into a rain delay in the bottom of the seventh due to storms blowing through downtown St. Louis, and now Game 4 of the ALCS has also been affected by wet weather.
Neither starting pitcher has warmed up at Detroit’s Comerica Park with the scheduled first pitch time having already passed. We will provide updates throughout the night. It’s not guaranteed to clear up.
UPDATE, 8:59 PM: The grounds crew just removed the bases and on-deck circle mats from the field. It sounds like this ALCS Game 4 is going to be postponed. Thursday’s forecast also calls for rain.
UPDATE, 9:23 PM: The game has been postponed. It will be made up Thursday at 4:07 p.m. ET.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)