Oct 17, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Rain, rain, go away. And all that sort of stuff.
Game 3 of the NLCS was pushed into a rain delay in the bottom of the seventh due to storms blowing through downtown St. Louis, and now Game 4 of the ALCS has also been affected by wet weather.
Neither starting pitcher has warmed up at Detroit’s Comerica Park with the scheduled first pitch time having already passed. We will provide updates throughout the night. It’s not guaranteed to clear up.
UPDATE, 8:59 PM: The grounds crew just removed the bases and on-deck circle mats from the field. It sounds like this ALCS Game 4 is going to be postponed. Thursday’s forecast also calls for rain.
UPDATE, 9:23 PM: The game has been postponed. It will be made up Thursday at 4:07 p.m. ET.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 3
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 30
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)