Oct 17, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Rain, rain, go away. And all that sort of stuff.
Game 3 of the NLCS was pushed into a rain delay in the bottom of the seventh due to storms blowing through downtown St. Louis, and now Game 4 of the ALCS has also been affected by wet weather.
Neither starting pitcher has warmed up at Detroit’s Comerica Park with the scheduled first pitch time having already passed. We will provide updates throughout the night. It’s not guaranteed to clear up.
UPDATE, 8:59 PM: The grounds crew just removed the bases and on-deck circle mats from the field. It sounds like this ALCS Game 4 is going to be postponed. Thursday’s forecast also calls for rain.
UPDATE, 9:23 PM: The game has been postponed. It will be made up Thursday at 4:07 p.m. ET.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)