Oct 17, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Rain, rain, go away. And all that sort of stuff.
Game 3 of the NLCS was pushed into a rain delay in the bottom of the seventh due to storms blowing through downtown St. Louis, and now Game 4 of the ALCS has also been affected by wet weather.
Neither starting pitcher has warmed up at Detroit’s Comerica Park with the scheduled first pitch time having already passed. We will provide updates throughout the night. It’s not guaranteed to clear up.
UPDATE, 8:59 PM: The grounds crew just removed the bases and on-deck circle mats from the field. It sounds like this ALCS Game 4 is going to be postponed. Thursday’s forecast also calls for rain.
UPDATE, 9:23 PM: The game has been postponed. It will be made up Thursday at 4:07 p.m. ET.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 38
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)