Oct 17, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
When the Yankees designated reliever Cory Wade for assignment last week I wrote that he could help quite a few teams as a bullpen option for 2013 and it turns out one of the other AL East teams agreed.
Toronto claimed Wade off waivers, presumably to give the 31-year-old right-hander a shot at winning a middle relief gig during spring training.
Wade had an ugly 6.46 ERA in 39 appearances for the Yankees this season, but posted a strong 38/8 K/BB ratio in 39 innings and was very good last year with a 2.04 ERA and 30/8 K/BB ratio in 40 frames.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)