Oct 17, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
7:03 PM ET: The skies have opened up at Busch Stadium and Game 3 of the NLCS is in a delay.
The Giants took a 1-0 lead on a Pablo Sandoval RBI groundout in the top of the third inning, but the Cardinals have provided all the scoring since. Matt Carpenter launched a two-run homer to right field in the bottom of the third, then Shane Robinson drove in David Freese from third base with a one-out, bases-loaded groundout to Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro in the bottom of the seventh. That’s when the rain picked up and the tarp was called for.
There’s a nasty line of storms headed through downtown St. Louis, but the weather is supposed to clear up at some point later this evening. When Game 3 of the NLCS resumes, the Cardinals will have runners at second and third base with two outs. Jon Jay will be batting with a fresh count against a San Francisco reliever. The Redbirds currently lead this one 3-1.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)