Oct 17, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
7:03 PM ET: The skies have opened up at Busch Stadium and Game 3 of the NLCS is in a delay.
The Giants took a 1-0 lead on a Pablo Sandoval RBI groundout in the top of the third inning, but the Cardinals have provided all the scoring since. Matt Carpenter launched a two-run homer to right field in the bottom of the third, then Shane Robinson drove in David Freese from third base with a one-out, bases-loaded groundout to Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro in the bottom of the seventh. That’s when the rain picked up and the tarp was called for.
There’s a nasty line of storms headed through downtown St. Louis, but the weather is supposed to clear up at some point later this evening. When Game 3 of the NLCS resumes, the Cardinals will have runners at second and third base with two outs. Jon Jay will be batting with a fresh count against a San Francisco reliever. The Redbirds currently lead this one 3-1.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)