Oct 17, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
7:03 PM ET: The skies have opened up at Busch Stadium and Game 3 of the NLCS is in a delay.
The Giants took a 1-0 lead on a Pablo Sandoval RBI groundout in the top of the third inning, but the Cardinals have provided all the scoring since. Matt Carpenter launched a two-run homer to right field in the bottom of the third, then Shane Robinson drove in David Freese from third base with a one-out, bases-loaded groundout to Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro in the bottom of the seventh. That’s when the rain picked up and the tarp was called for.
There’s a nasty line of storms headed through downtown St. Louis, but the weather is supposed to clear up at some point later this evening. When Game 3 of the NLCS resumes, the Cardinals will have runners at second and third base with two outs. Jon Jay will be batting with a fresh count against a San Francisco reliever. The Redbirds currently lead this one 3-1.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (237)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)