Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brad Mills, who was fired by Houston in August after two-plus seasons as manager, is expected to join Terry Francona’s new coaching staff in Cleveland, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mills was the Red Sox’s bench coach for six seasons under Francona before being hired as the Astros’ manager and their relationship dates back to being college teammates at Arizona.
Sandy Alomar, who interviewed to be the Indians’ manager before losing the job to Francona, is also expected to be on the coaching staff. However, the Indians have let go hitting coach Bruce Fields and third base coach Steve Smith.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17