Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brad Mills, who was fired by Houston in August after two-plus seasons as manager, is expected to join Terry Francona’s new coaching staff in Cleveland, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mills was the Red Sox’s bench coach for six seasons under Francona before being hired as the Astros’ manager and their relationship dates back to being college teammates at Arizona.
Sandy Alomar, who interviewed to be the Indians’ manager before losing the job to Francona, is also expected to be on the coaching staff. However, the Indians have let go hitting coach Bruce Fields and third base coach Steve Smith.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)