Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brad Mills, who was fired by Houston in August after two-plus seasons as manager, is expected to join Terry Francona’s new coaching staff in Cleveland, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mills was the Red Sox’s bench coach for six seasons under Francona before being hired as the Astros’ manager and their relationship dates back to being college teammates at Arizona.
Sandy Alomar, who interviewed to be the Indians’ manager before losing the job to Francona, is also expected to be on the coaching staff. However, the Indians have let go hitting coach Bruce Fields and third base coach Steve Smith.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (113)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)