Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Brad Mills, who was fired by Houston in August after two-plus seasons as manager, is expected to join Terry Francona’s new coaching staff in Cleveland, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Mills was the Red Sox’s bench coach for six seasons under Francona before being hired as the Astros’ manager and their relationship dates back to being college teammates at Arizona.
Sandy Alomar, who interviewed to be the Indians’ manager before losing the job to Francona, is also expected to be on the coaching staff. However, the Indians have let go hitting coach Bruce Fields and third base coach Steve Smith.
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 0
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)