Oct 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
UPDATE: There are reportedly discussions underway regarding whether to postpone today’s game. Updates as warranted.
9:40 AM: Today’s Game 3 of the NLCS could be in for some raindrops. And some lightning:
The National Weather Service is calling for a 90 percent chance of rain, starting in the afternoon. The first pitch of the National League Championship Series is scheduled for 3:07 p.m. at Busch Stadium.
Showers and thunderstorms — which include lightning — could hit the ballpark between 4 and 7 p.m., and leave the area sometime after 8 p.m., said Butch Dye, hydrometeorologist technician for the National Weather Service.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)