Oct 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
UPDATE: There are reportedly discussions underway regarding whether to postpone today’s game. Updates as warranted.
9:40 AM: Today’s Game 3 of the NLCS could be in for some raindrops. And some lightning:
The National Weather Service is calling for a 90 percent chance of rain, starting in the afternoon. The first pitch of the National League Championship Series is scheduled for 3:07 p.m. at Busch Stadium.
Showers and thunderstorms — which include lightning — could hit the ballpark between 4 and 7 p.m., and leave the area sometime after 8 p.m., said Butch Dye, hydrometeorologist technician for the National Weather Service.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 136
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (136)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)