It could be a wet afternoon at Busch Stadium

Oct 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT

Stormy Weather

UPDATE: There are reportedly discussions underway regarding whether to postpone today’s game. Updates as warranted.

9:40 AM: Today’s Game 3 of the NLCS could be in for some raindrops. And some lightning:

The National Weather Service is calling for a 90 percent chance of rain, starting in the afternoon. The first pitch of the National League Championship Series is scheduled for 3:07 p.m. at Busch Stadium.

Showers and thunderstorms — which include lightning — could hit the ballpark between 4 and 7 p.m., and leave the area sometime after 8 p.m., said Butch Dye, hydrometeorologist technician for the National Weather Service.

Well, at least the afternoon sun won’t be bedeviling Angel Pagan and Jon Jay.

1. ezthinking - Oct 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Looks like the Cards and Giants will be playing the late game tonight.

2. proudlycanadian - Oct 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Once I saw your photograph, I immediately watched to Lena Horne sing Stormy Weather on YouTube. Thanks for the inspiration.

3. heyblueyoustink - Oct 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Zeus hates daytime playoff baseball on Wednesdays?

4. mrwillie - Oct 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

It’s going to be December before I catch up on my sleep from all the games going late.

Not complaining though, best time of year.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Right there with you Willie. I have been tired (flat worn out tired)…for two weeks it seems.
      I take solace in knowing I am not the only one.

• paperlions - Oct 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

At least you get to bed an hour earlier….playoff baseball (or hockey) times are not east coast friendly….even east coast games typically go until nearly mid-night.

• historiophiliac - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM

also, my liver is taking it more than usual…ahhh, playoffs!

5. paperlions - Oct 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Well….heaven forbid MLB take control of their own product (why do that when you can sell that control?) and schedule and east coast game earlier than a mid-west game…

• paperlions - Oct 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Yes, I realize that Detroit isn’t east coast…still in the eastern time zone though.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I am an Indiana boy Paper. Eastern Time Zone. Eastern Time Zone sucks. I would much rather be on Central time like NW/SW Indiana.

6. kevinbnyc - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

“Thunderstorms – which include lightning”

Duh?

7. SOBEIT - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

That’s ok, it is always better to play baseball with a wet Busch.

Can anyone local there give us a gametime forecast…major rain delay or cancel game or off and on rain? Trying to see if I should leave work or at least adjust my dvr…don’t want to record 4 hours of rain delay! And I don’t trust online weather channel most of the time.

8. sportsdrenched - Oct 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM

The NWS has just issued Severe Thunderstorm Watch 666 (I’m serious) for ths St Louis Area.

Looking at the radar, I think they’ll get the game going for 1-3 innings, then the skies will open up for about an hour, hour anda half, and then it will be back to baseball.

All the trade deadline news to know