Oct 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
UPDATE: There are reportedly discussions underway regarding whether to postpone today’s game. Updates as warranted.
9:40 AM: Today’s Game 3 of the NLCS could be in for some raindrops. And some lightning:
The National Weather Service is calling for a 90 percent chance of rain, starting in the afternoon. The first pitch of the National League Championship Series is scheduled for 3:07 p.m. at Busch Stadium.
Showers and thunderstorms — which include lightning — could hit the ballpark between 4 and 7 p.m., and leave the area sometime after 8 p.m., said Butch Dye, hydrometeorologist technician for the National Weather Service.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)