Oct 17, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
UPDATE: There are reportedly discussions underway regarding whether to postpone today’s game. Updates as warranted.
9:40 AM: Today’s Game 3 of the NLCS could be in for some raindrops. And some lightning:
The National Weather Service is calling for a 90 percent chance of rain, starting in the afternoon. The first pitch of the National League Championship Series is scheduled for 3:07 p.m. at Busch Stadium.
Showers and thunderstorms — which include lightning — could hit the ballpark between 4 and 7 p.m., and leave the area sometime after 8 p.m., said Butch Dye, hydrometeorologist technician for the National Weather Service.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)