Marco Scutaro is in the Giants’ lineup for Game 3

Oct 17, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT

Marco Scutaro Getty Getty Images

It looks like Game 3 of the NLCS might be postponed by rain, but if the Cardinals and Giants do play today Marco Scutaro will be in San Francisco’s lineup.

Scutaro exited Game 2 early after injuring his left hip on Matt Holliday‘s takeout slide at second base and was diagnosed with a muscle strain.

Ryan Theriot likely would have drawn the Game 3 start had Scutaro not been able to go.

1. nategearhart - Oct 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Forget beanball; here’s hoping Scutaro gets a hit then runs out to left field and clips Holliday.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Glad to see Scutaro is in the lineup. With the way he played the 1st half of game two I never really doubted it. Here’s to hoping it is another well played…hard fought contest.

2. cameltoehoe - Oct 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Cards suck! Cards fan suck more!

• ghostofjimlindeman - Oct 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Don’t like it beat us, otherwise take your Cardinal hate cram it up our cram hole.

3. cameltoehoe - Oct 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Matt Holliday is fine as hell though!

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am going to go out on a limb here.
      I hope I never find out…but my guess is “Hell” is NOT “fine.”
      Your screen name is real classy though.

4. Marty - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM

If rain delays this game giving Scutaro a second days rest we will known which side god is on.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hahaha! I hear you Marty. The flip side of that is it will be very wet and muddy. Hmmm….

5. deathmonkey41 - Oct 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Holliday should just take him out again- just for the eff of it.

6. ghostofjimlindeman - Oct 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Oh wow his injury just went from season ending to back in the lineup in one day. Guess all the drama queens have to find another story and the cry babies will have to find something else to blame Cards for.

7. ghostofjimlindeman - Oct 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Just smacked solid double, unbelievable cured in no time. I thought he was on death’s door amazing healing powers huh..

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5496)