Oct 17, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Jon Jay, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Allen Craig, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 8. Brandon Crawford 8. Pete Kozma, SS 9. Matt Cain, SP 9. Kyle Lohse, SP
Marco Scutaro is back in the Giants’ lineup after leaving Game 2 with a strained hip muscle following Matt Holliday’s takeout slide at second base. Which means manager Bruce Bochy gets to use his standard lineup and batting order.
And of course Mike Matheny is also sticking with his standard lineup and batting order, which he’s used for every playoff game.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)