Oct 17, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
The Cubs have lowered prices in the upper deck box seats, the upper deck reserved seats and the bleachers. The rest of Wrigley Field seating will remain at 2012 prices. For marquee dates such as the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago White Sox series the bleacher prices will drop. Bleacher seats are decreasing by 10 percent per ticket in 2013. It is the second season in a row bleacher prices have had a double-digit drop.
Attendance at Wrigley Field has dropped for for straight years, going from an all-time high of 3,300,200 in 2008 to 2,882,756 in 2012. Of course, at any time before 2002, that 2,882,756 would have represented an all-time record for the Cubs.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45