Oct 17, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
The Cubs have lowered prices in the upper deck box seats, the upper deck reserved seats and the bleachers. The rest of Wrigley Field seating will remain at 2012 prices. For marquee dates such as the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago White Sox series the bleacher prices will drop. Bleacher seats are decreasing by 10 percent per ticket in 2013. It is the second season in a row bleacher prices have had a double-digit drop.
Attendance at Wrigley Field has dropped for for straight years, going from an all-time high of 3,300,200 in 2008 to 2,882,756 in 2012. Of course, at any time before 2002, that 2,882,756 would have represented an all-time record for the Cubs.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)