Oct 17, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Rany Jazayerli with a good find today:
The Tigers would be the first team to ever defeat the Yankees in three straight postseason matchups (2006, 2011, 2012).
— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) October 17, 2012
Indeed, only two teams before the Tigers have ever done it in two straight: the 2002 and 2005 Angels and the 1921-22 New York Giants.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)