Oct 17, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Rany Jazayerli with a good find today:
The Tigers would be the first team to ever defeat the Yankees in three straight postseason matchups (2006, 2011, 2012).
— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) October 17, 2012
Indeed, only two teams before the Tigers have ever done it in two straight: the 2002 and 2005 Angels and the 1921-22 New York Giants.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17