Oct 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Everyone else has an opinion. Why not folks like George Thorogood, Scott Ian and Pete Yorn? Dan Epstein continues to his Rolling Stone series in which he asks baseball fan musicians their thoughts on the great issues of the day.
And who knew that Handsome Dick Manitoba was a stathead trapped in his mother’s basement?
For the AL, it’s Trout. F**k the Triple Crown/automatic MVP bulls**t. Cabrera is 100 percent of 50 percent of a baseball player – all offense. Baseball is hitting and fielding, and running and throwing don’t hurt either! Trout is a young five-tool phenom. His everyday centerfield playing, and arm, and base running, and speed, and great hitting are much more valuable than a bunch of extra RBI and HR’s.
Kinda sad to see that a couple of the usual interviewees have dropped out. I’m assuming Detroit guy Alice Cooper would have picked Cabrera, but I’d really like to see his analysis.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)