Oct 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Everyone else has an opinion. Why not folks like George Thorogood, Scott Ian and Pete Yorn? Dan Epstein continues to his Rolling Stone series in which he asks baseball fan musicians their thoughts on the great issues of the day.
And who knew that Handsome Dick Manitoba was a stathead trapped in his mother’s basement?
For the AL, it’s Trout. F**k the Triple Crown/automatic MVP bulls**t. Cabrera is 100 percent of 50 percent of a baseball player – all offense. Baseball is hitting and fielding, and running and throwing don’t hurt either! Trout is a young five-tool phenom. His everyday centerfield playing, and arm, and base running, and speed, and great hitting are much more valuable than a bunch of extra RBI and HR’s.
Kinda sad to see that a couple of the usual interviewees have dropped out. I’m assuming Detroit guy Alice Cooper would have picked Cabrera, but I’d really like to see his analysis.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17