Oct 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Everyone else has an opinion. Why not folks like George Thorogood, Scott Ian and Pete Yorn? Dan Epstein continues to his Rolling Stone series in which he asks baseball fan musicians their thoughts on the great issues of the day.
And who knew that Handsome Dick Manitoba was a stathead trapped in his mother’s basement?
For the AL, it’s Trout. F**k the Triple Crown/automatic MVP bulls**t. Cabrera is 100 percent of 50 percent of a baseball player – all offense. Baseball is hitting and fielding, and running and throwing don’t hurt either! Trout is a young five-tool phenom. His everyday centerfield playing, and arm, and base running, and speed, and great hitting are much more valuable than a bunch of extra RBI and HR’s.
Kinda sad to see that a couple of the usual interviewees have dropped out. I’m assuming Detroit guy Alice Cooper would have picked Cabrera, but I’d really like to see his analysis.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 51
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)