Oct 17, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Everyone else has an opinion. Why not folks like George Thorogood, Scott Ian and Pete Yorn? Dan Epstein continues to his Rolling Stone series in which he asks baseball fan musicians their thoughts on the great issues of the day.
And who knew that Handsome Dick Manitoba was a stathead trapped in his mother’s basement?
For the AL, it’s Trout. F**k the Triple Crown/automatic MVP bulls**t. Cabrera is 100 percent of 50 percent of a baseball player – all offense. Baseball is hitting and fielding, and running and throwing don’t hurt either! Trout is a young five-tool phenom. His everyday centerfield playing, and arm, and base running, and speed, and great hitting are much more valuable than a bunch of extra RBI and HR’s.
Kinda sad to see that a couple of the usual interviewees have dropped out. I’m assuming Detroit guy Alice Cooper would have picked Cabrera, but I’d really like to see his analysis.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 6
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 7
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)