Oct 18, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
A few months ago Astros owner Jim Crane suggested that the team may get rid of Tal’s Hill — that weird rise of land out on the warning track in center at Minute Maid Park — as well as the train that sits above the outfield. Guess he changed his mind:
Jim Crane it appears the Astros are unlikely to make any changes to the train and the hill next year.
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) October 18, 2012
I guess anything, if it’s been around long enough, becomes a tradition. Even if it’s a dumb flair-for-the-sake-of-flair design element like a hill in the middle of an outfield.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona