Oct 18, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Eric Chavez, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Russell Martin, C 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. Brett Gardner, CF 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Gerald Laird, C SP CC Sabathia, LH SP Max Scherzer, RH
Both managers are sticking with the same lineups they chose last night before the game was postponed by rain, which means Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson are still on the bench against right-hander Max Scherzer. Nick Swisher goes from benched in Game 3 to batting second, Brett Gardner replaces Granderson in center field while dropping to the No. 8 spot, and Robinson Cano is hitting third despite being 3-for-36 (.083) in the playoffs.
Detroit is going with its standard lineup versus left-handed pitching, so Gerald Laird and Avisail Garcia get to face CC Sabathia in place of Alex Avila and Quintin Berry. Omar Infante is in the lineup despite injuring his thumb late in Game 3.
and the Tigers are going with their standard group versus left-handed pitching.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)