Oct 18, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Eric Chavez, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Russell Martin, C 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. Brett Gardner, CF 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Gerald Laird, C SP CC Sabathia, LH SP Max Scherzer, RH
Both managers are sticking with the same lineups they chose last night before the game was postponed by rain, which means Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson are still on the bench against right-hander Max Scherzer. Nick Swisher goes from benched in Game 3 to batting second, Brett Gardner replaces Granderson in center field while dropping to the No. 8 spot, and Robinson Cano is hitting third despite being 3-for-36 (.083) in the playoffs.
Detroit is going with its standard lineup versus left-handed pitching, so Gerald Laird and Avisail Garcia get to face CC Sabathia in place of Alex Avila and Quintin Berry. Omar Infante is in the lineup despite injuring his thumb late in Game 3.
and the Tigers are going with their standard group versus left-handed pitching.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)