Oct 18, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ichiro Suzuki, LF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Robinson Cano, 2B 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Mark Teixeira, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Raul Ibanez, DH 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Eric Chavez, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Russell Martin, C 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. Brett Gardner, CF 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS 9. Gerald Laird, C SP CC Sabathia, LH SP Max Scherzer, RH
Both managers are sticking with the same lineups they chose last night before the game was postponed by rain, which means Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson are still on the bench against right-hander Max Scherzer. Nick Swisher goes from benched in Game 3 to batting second, Brett Gardner replaces Granderson in center field while dropping to the No. 8 spot, and Robinson Cano is hitting third despite being 3-for-36 (.083) in the playoffs.
Detroit is going with its standard lineup versus left-handed pitching, so Gerald Laird and Avisail Garcia get to face CC Sabathia in place of Alex Avila and Quintin Berry. Omar Infante is in the lineup despite injuring his thumb late in Game 3.
and the Tigers are going with their standard group versus left-handed pitching.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 285
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (286)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)