Oct 18, 2012, 5:59 AM EST
Cardinals 3, Giants 1: Thanks to the 2008 World Series, the regular rules with respect to rain delays are out the window in the postseason leading to days like we had yesterday, with a rain delay that lasted 20 minutes longer than the actual total game time did. Oh well, given how many ducks the Giants left on the pond yesterday it was somehow appropriate that it was so soggy. If you can’t score more than one run on seven hits and five walks you don’t deserve to win anyway.
Yankees vs. Tigers: POSTPONED: One really has to question A-Rod’s value as a player and commitment to the team if he wasn’t willing to change the weather yesterday so they could get this game in.
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 6
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 6
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)