Oct 18, 2012, 5:59 AM EDT
Cardinals 3, Giants 1: Thanks to the 2008 World Series, the regular rules with respect to rain delays are out the window in the postseason leading to days like we had yesterday, with a rain delay that lasted 20 minutes longer than the actual total game time did. Oh well, given how many ducks the Giants left on the pond yesterday it was somehow appropriate that it was so soggy. If you can’t score more than one run on seven hits and five walks you don’t deserve to win anyway.
Yankees vs. Tigers: POSTPONED: One really has to question A-Rod’s value as a player and commitment to the team if he wasn’t willing to change the weather yesterday so they could get this game in.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)