Oct 18, 2012, 5:59 AM EST
Cardinals 3, Giants 1: Thanks to the 2008 World Series, the regular rules with respect to rain delays are out the window in the postseason leading to days like we had yesterday, with a rain delay that lasted 20 minutes longer than the actual total game time did. Oh well, given how many ducks the Giants left on the pond yesterday it was somehow appropriate that it was so soggy. If you can’t score more than one run on seven hits and five walks you don’t deserve to win anyway.
Yankees vs. Tigers: POSTPONED: One really has to question A-Rod’s value as a player and commitment to the team if he wasn’t willing to change the weather yesterday so they could get this game in.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 12
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 3
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)