Oct 18, 2012, 5:59 AM EDT
Cardinals 3, Giants 1: Thanks to the 2008 World Series, the regular rules with respect to rain delays are out the window in the postseason leading to days like we had yesterday, with a rain delay that lasted 20 minutes longer than the actual total game time did. Oh well, given how many ducks the Giants left on the pond yesterday it was somehow appropriate that it was so soggy. If you can’t score more than one run on seven hits and five walks you don’t deserve to win anyway.
Yankees vs. Tigers: POSTPONED: One really has to question A-Rod’s value as a player and commitment to the team if he wasn’t willing to change the weather yesterday so they could get this game in.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)