Oct 18, 2012, 5:59 AM EDT
Cardinals 3, Giants 1: Thanks to the 2008 World Series, the regular rules with respect to rain delays are out the window in the postseason leading to days like we had yesterday, with a rain delay that lasted 20 minutes longer than the actual total game time did. Oh well, given how many ducks the Giants left on the pond yesterday it was somehow appropriate that it was so soggy. If you can’t score more than one run on seven hits and five walks you don’t deserve to win anyway.
Yankees vs. Tigers: POSTPONED: One really has to question A-Rod’s value as a player and commitment to the team if he wasn’t willing to change the weather yesterday so they could get this game in.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)