Oct 18, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright has some more cushion to work with going into the top of the sixth inning.
The Cardinals tacked on two more runs in the bottom of the fifth inning and currently lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the NLCS.
They got the first run after Matt Carpenter just missed a home run to center field and settled for a double. Matt Holliday then hit a liner to center field which Angel Pagan managed to snag on the hop and make the throw back into the infield. They had a chance at getting Carpenter at the plate, but Hector Sanchez couldn’t handle the throw from Brandon Crawford. Lincecum was finally chased from the game after giving up a two-out RBI single to Yadier Molina.
All told, Lincecum gave up four runs on six hits and three walks while striking out three. He threw 51 out of 91 pitches for strikes. Not exactly the big game the Giants were hoping for. And soon they could be down 3-1 in the series.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 25
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)