Oct 18, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
Adam Wainwright has some more cushion to work with going into the top of the sixth inning.
The Cardinals tacked on two more runs in the bottom of the fifth inning and currently lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the NLCS.
They got the first run after Matt Carpenter just missed a home run to center field and settled for a double. Matt Holliday then hit a liner to center field which Angel Pagan managed to snag on the hop and make the throw back into the infield. They had a chance at getting Carpenter at the plate, but Hector Sanchez couldn’t handle the throw from Brandon Crawford. Lincecum was finally chased from the game after giving up a two-out RBI single to Yadier Molina.
All told, Lincecum gave up four runs on six hits and three walks while striking out three. He threw 51 out of 91 pitches for strikes. Not exactly the big game the Giants were hoping for. And soon they could be down 3-1 in the series.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)