Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran had hoped to be back in the Cardinals’ lineup after leaving last night’s game with a strained left knee, but manager Mike Matheny just told reporters that the veteran right fielder is “too sore” to start Game 4 against the Giants.
Matheny did say that Beltran will be available off the bench as a pinch-hitter and even at less than full strength the guy with the highest OPS in playoff history is a nice little weapon to have for the late innings.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)