Oct 18, 2012, 9:17 AM EDT
At least part of it? Here’s some speculation from Heyman that actually makes sense:
The White Sox would like to re-sign third baseman Kevin Youkilis. But some see the rival Indians, who’ve hired his friend Terry Francona to manage, as a potential threat to try to sign Youkilis now.
The Indians’ interest is mostly in the speculative stage, but it makes sense. The Indians could use hitters, and especially righthanded ones.
If I’m running the Indians I try to leave first base open for Carlos Santana because I think that’s where his future lies, but they could do way worse than to have Youk around for some combination of 1B/3B/DH.
Youkilis has a $13 million option that the White Sox are expected to decline, making him fair game for anyone. Crazier things have happened than him taking a two-year deal or something in Cleveland.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)