Oct 18, 2012, 9:17 AM EST
At least part of it? Here’s some speculation from Heyman that actually makes sense:
The White Sox would like to re-sign third baseman Kevin Youkilis. But some see the rival Indians, who’ve hired his friend Terry Francona to manage, as a potential threat to try to sign Youkilis now.
The Indians’ interest is mostly in the speculative stage, but it makes sense. The Indians could use hitters, and especially righthanded ones.
If I’m running the Indians I try to leave first base open for Carlos Santana because I think that’s where his future lies, but they could do way worse than to have Youk around for some combination of 1B/3B/DH.
Youkilis has a $13 million option that the White Sox are expected to decline, making him fair game for anyone. Crazier things have happened than him taking a two-year deal or something in Cleveland.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 39
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)