Oct 18, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
In a series which featured the possible AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner, Delmon Young is your ALCS MVP. Go figure.
Proving to be a thorn in the Yankees’ side of the second straight postseason, Young batted .353 (6-for-17) with two home runs, a double and six RBI during the series. He knocked in a run in all four games of the ALCS and went 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI single and a run scored in the clincher today.
On a side note, American League honorary president Jackie Autry referred to Young a “class act” during the award ceremony. Yes, the same guy who was arrested in April for a hate-crime and threw a bat at an umpire as a minor leaguer in 2006. All sorts of cliches are used during these types of things, so it’s ultimately not a big deal, but “class act” was a pretty unfortunate choice of words.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)