Oct 18, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
In a series which featured the possible AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner, Delmon Young is your ALCS MVP. Go figure.
Proving to be a thorn in the Yankees’ side of the second straight postseason, Young batted .353 (6-for-17) with two home runs, a double and six RBI during the series. He knocked in a run in all four games of the ALCS and went 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI single and a run scored in the clincher today.
On a side note, American League honorary president Jackie Autry referred to Young a “class act” during the award ceremony. Yes, the same guy who was arrested in April for a hate-crime and threw a bat at an umpire as a minor leaguer in 2006. All sorts of cliches are used during these types of things, so it’s ultimately not a big deal, but “class act” was a pretty unfortunate choice of words.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)