Oct 18, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
In a series which featured the possible AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner, Delmon Young is your ALCS MVP. Go figure.
Proving to be a thorn in the Yankees’ side of the second straight postseason, Young batted .353 (6-for-17) with two home runs, a double and six RBI during the series. He knocked in a run in all four games of the ALCS and went 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI single and a run scored in the clincher today.
On a side note, American League honorary president Jackie Autry referred to Young a “class act” during the award ceremony. Yes, the same guy who was arrested in April for a hate-crime and threw a bat at an umpire as a minor leaguer in 2006. All sorts of cliches are used during these types of things, so it’s ultimately not a big deal, but “class act” was a pretty unfortunate choice of words.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 15
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 25
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 38
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)