Oct 18, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
In a series which featured the possible AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner, Delmon Young is your ALCS MVP. Go figure.
Proving to be a thorn in the Yankees’ side of the second straight postseason, Young batted .353 (6-for-17) with two home runs, a double and six RBI during the series. He knocked in a run in all four games of the ALCS and went 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI single and a run scored in the clincher today.
On a side note, American League honorary president Jackie Autry referred to Young a “class act” during the award ceremony. Yes, the same guy who was arrested in April for a hate-crime and threw a bat at an umpire as a minor leaguer in 2006. All sorts of cliches are used during these types of things, so it’s ultimately not a big deal, but “class act” was a pretty unfortunate choice of words.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)