HBT Extra: Can CC Sabathia keep the Yankees alive?

Oct 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EST

Kay Adams and I talk about Game 4 of the ALCS. And the name A-Rod isn’t mentioned even once. Imagine!

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. kiwicricket - Oct 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I hope NBC doesn’t test for ‘greenies’.

2. Francisco (FC) - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

So Leyland has the rotation hitting right? Well that explains some of the offensive shortcomings. The rotation just needs to pitch, not hit!

• cur68 - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I see you’ve come round to the notion of the DH, FC. Good. Best thing a pitcher can do for his club is throw baseballs, not clog up the batting order with their pointless trips to the plate to look hapless.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Not at all my dear Cur. I’m just saying Leyland is jumping the gun a bit. His pitchers won’t have to hit until the World Series, so he should focus on the lineup and secure the series win before priming the starters for wielding bats.

• cur68 - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I always look forward to the World Series Komedy Portion of The Big Show: AL Pitchers Batting. Yes, Smokey Jim will have to get his boys there and should worry about that first. But then…ah THEN we get a little komedy. A little chose d’amusement, n’cest pas? I kind of want to see if Sabbathia really would be good in the eighth spot even if it would mean putting up with more Yankee Drama.

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

The DH sucks monkey balls Cur. Everyone knows this. Even WillClarkRageFace knows this.

• cur68 - Oct 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

willclark’s gameface knows naught but rage, my friend. Rage, rage and more rage. He’d rage against the DH, rage for the DH. Rage like his balls were on fire and his treasure trail was catching. Man’s a rageaholic.

3. drewnichols81 - Oct 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Craig thought Rangers would win game 7 of WS last year. He knows baseball

4. thatyankeedude - Oct 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Well he isn’t hitting so no he can’t. Right now he has a better chance of playing by himself and winning.

5. Max Power - Oct 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I didn’t hear anything after “Everything’s coming up Milhouse.”

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester