Oct 18, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s not quite Mariano Rivera throwing out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium before Game 3 of the ALDS, but this should be pretty cool: Ivan Rodriguez will throw out the first pitch tonight at Comerica Park.
Rodriguez signed with the Tigers as a free agent in 2004 when they were coming off a 119-loss season and three years later they reached the World Series.
Rodriguez announced his retirement in April, ending a 21-year career that included five seasons in Detroit.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)