Oct 18, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
It’s not quite Mariano Rivera throwing out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium before Game 3 of the ALDS, but this should be pretty cool: Ivan Rodriguez will throw out the first pitch tonight at Comerica Park.
Rodriguez signed with the Tigers as a free agent in 2004 when they were coming off a 119-loss season and three years later they reached the World Series.
Rodriguez announced his retirement in April, ending a 21-year career that included five seasons in Detroit.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)