Oct 18, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
UPDATE: The Cardinals added two more runs in the bottom of the seventh and now lead it 8-1. Yadier Molina delivered an RBI double off Guillermo Mota while Pete Kozma later had an RBI single against Jeremy Affeldt.
10:33 PM: The Cardinals are starting to pour it on against the Giants in Game 4 of the NLCS. After tacking on two runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals just added two more in the bottom of the sixth to take a 6-1 lead.
Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma reached on singles against George Kontos before Adam Wainwright sacrificed them over to second base. Jose Mijares then replaced Kontos and gave up a two-run double to Jon Jay. Matt Carpenter flew out against Mijares before Guillermo Mota got Matt Holliday to pop-up, so Jay ended up being stranded on second base, but the Cardinals have built themselves a pretty commanding lead.
Adam Wainwright is back out there for the top of the seventh inning. He’s been excellent aside from the solo homer by Hunter Pence in the second inning, allowing just four hits while striking out four and walking none.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)