Oct 18, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Cardinals added two more runs in the bottom of the seventh and now lead it 8-1. Yadier Molina delivered an RBI double off Guillermo Mota while Pete Kozma later had an RBI single against Jeremy Affeldt.
10:33 PM: The Cardinals are starting to pour it on against the Giants in Game 4 of the NLCS. After tacking on two runs in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals just added two more in the bottom of the sixth to take a 6-1 lead.
Daniel Descalso and Pete Kozma reached on singles against George Kontos before Adam Wainwright sacrificed them over to second base. Jose Mijares then replaced Kontos and gave up a two-run double to Jon Jay. Matt Carpenter flew out against Mijares before Guillermo Mota got Matt Holliday to pop-up, so Jay ended up being stranded on second base, but the Cardinals have built themselves a pretty commanding lead.
Adam Wainwright is back out there for the top of the seventh inning. He’s been excellent aside from the solo homer by Hunter Pence in the second inning, allowing just four hits while striking out four and walking none.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 4
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 61
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)