Oct 18, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the NLCS between the Giants and Cardinals, in St. Louis:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Jon Jay, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Matt Carpenter, 1B 3. Buster Posey, 1B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Allen Craig, RF 5. Hector Sanchez, C 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Hunter Pence, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 8. Brandon Crawford 8. Pete Kozma, SS 9. Tim Lincecum, SP 9. Adam Wainwright, SP
Bruce Bochy wanted Hector Sanchez behind the plate to catch Tim Lincecum, so Buster Posey shifts to first base and Brandon Belt takes a seat on the bench. Bochy also dropped the struggling Hunter Pence down one spot, with Sanchez taking his usual place as the No. 5 hitter.
For the first time this postseason Mike Matheny has changed the Cardinals’ lineup and it’s thanks to Carlos Beltran‘s knee injury keeping him on the bench. Matt Carpenter replaced Beltran in right field during Game 3, but tonight he starts at first base with Allen Craig shifting to right field. Carpenter is batting in Beltran’s usual No. 2 spot.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27