Oct 18, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the NLCS between the Giants and Cardinals, in St. Louis:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Jon Jay, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Matt Carpenter, 1B 3. Buster Posey, 1B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 4. Allen Craig, RF 5. Hector Sanchez, C 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Hunter Pence, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 8. Brandon Crawford 8. Pete Kozma, SS 9. Tim Lincecum, SP 9. Adam Wainwright, SP
Bruce Bochy wanted Hector Sanchez behind the plate to catch Tim Lincecum, so Buster Posey shifts to first base and Brandon Belt takes a seat on the bench. Bochy also dropped the struggling Hunter Pence down one spot, with Sanchez taking his usual place as the No. 5 hitter.
For the first time this postseason Mike Matheny has changed the Cardinals’ lineup and it’s thanks to Carlos Beltran‘s knee injury keeping him on the bench. Matt Carpenter replaced Beltran in right field during Game 3, but tonight he starts at first base with Allen Craig shifting to right field. Carpenter is batting in Beltran’s usual No. 2 spot.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)