Oct 18, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Given a choice between covering a World Series in St. Louis vs. San Francisco, the selfish part of me is pulling for San Francisco because (a) I have a lot of friends there; and (b) it’s San Francisco. But I’m not a fanatic about it, and my mind is open for persuasion on the matter.
For example, when the self-proclaimed urine and feces experts — really, the site is called “UFE: Urine and Feces Everywhere” — say that Busch Stadium fans demonstrate the best bathroom hygiene in all of baseball, well, that’s a definite plus in the Cardinals’ column:
What can you say about Busch Stadium when you consider that it was the only park in our survey to get an “A” rating? One hundred percent of the women wash their hands in the restroom, and the men are not too shabby when it comes to restroom hygiene, either. Busch Stadium is one of the few parks that the UFE (Urine Feces Everywhere) Team would feel comfortable shaking another fan’s hand.
In these rankings being number 30 — where the Cardinals are — is the best. Being number one is the worst (though maybe I’d invert it and number two). Among the other playoff teams still standing — or, in some cases squatting — the Yankees are the worst at number 7, The Tigers are at number 20 and the Giants are at a quite respectable 23.
The worst in all of baseball: Wrigley Field. Though, in Cubs fans’ defense, it is almost certainly way less hygienic to actually touch the faucets in those nasty bathrooms than it is to bust out of there as quickly as possible hoping that you didn’t do anything too gross to yourself.
(thanks to Jonah Keri for bringing this loveliness to my attention)
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)