Oct 18, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Given a choice between covering a World Series in St. Louis vs. San Francisco, the selfish part of me is pulling for San Francisco because (a) I have a lot of friends there; and (b) it’s San Francisco. But I’m not a fanatic about it, and my mind is open for persuasion on the matter.
For example, when the self-proclaimed urine and feces experts — really, the site is called “UFE: Urine and Feces Everywhere” — say that Busch Stadium fans demonstrate the best bathroom hygiene in all of baseball, well, that’s a definite plus in the Cardinals’ column:
What can you say about Busch Stadium when you consider that it was the only park in our survey to get an “A” rating? One hundred percent of the women wash their hands in the restroom, and the men are not too shabby when it comes to restroom hygiene, either. Busch Stadium is one of the few parks that the UFE (Urine Feces Everywhere) Team would feel comfortable shaking another fan’s hand.
In these rankings being number 30 — where the Cardinals are — is the best. Being number one is the worst (though maybe I’d invert it and number two). Among the other playoff teams still standing — or, in some cases squatting — the Yankees are the worst at number 7, The Tigers are at number 20 and the Giants are at a quite respectable 23.
The worst in all of baseball: Wrigley Field. Though, in Cubs fans’ defense, it is almost certainly way less hygienic to actually touch the faucets in those nasty bathrooms than it is to bust out of there as quickly as possible hoping that you didn’t do anything too gross to yourself.
(thanks to Jonah Keri for bringing this loveliness to my attention)
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)