The weather for today looks A-OK

Oct 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT

Nicole Kidman

A three hour+ rain delay in St. Louis and a game being banged — God, I love saying that! — in Detroit yesterday has a lot of people looking toward the skies today.  The current look seems OK:

• Detroit: There’s a chance of rain in the early afternoon, but it should clear up by game time with temperatures in the upper 50s.
  • St. Louis: A slightly higher chance of rain, but still fairly low, with no big storms moving in the area this evening. Temperatures also in the mid-to-upper 50s.

And yes, I am enjoying this as my dad is a retired meteorologist and doing this is cheaper than years of therapy.

1. mybrunoblog - Oct 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Great picture from an underrated film. Well done Calcaterra.
    Oh yeah, I’m glad the weather is cooperating.

• Old Gator - Oct 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

That Nicole Kidman didn’t win an academy award for that performance is a disgrace. I think the Mafia must have intimidated the Academy voters.

However, this is still a faux weather girl. If you’re going to do another weather report, I insist on a picture of Stephanie Abrams next time.

• APBA Guy - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Don’t know about the Oscar, but it was with this movie that she established herself as Hollywood’s top beauty.

• Old Gator - Oct 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Beauty, yes, but as you watch her in this film, remember that she’s Australian. Her upper New England weathergirl delivery has to be measured against what she really sounds like. Boffo!

• bravojawja - Oct 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

If you want a real faux weather girl, you can’t go wrong with Dagmar Midcap.

And yes, this is Nicole Kidman at her best. Even better than BMX Bandits!

• historiophiliac - Oct 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Ugh. I can’t stand her. I purposely do NOT go to her movies.

I would’ve been seriously impressed if C-Squared had found/used an old pic of David Letterman doing the weather instead.

• natstowngreg - Oct 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Go really Old School and find a picture of George Carlin as The Hippy-Dippy Weatherman.

Three legends off to Cooperstown