Oct 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
A three hour+ rain delay in St. Louis and a game being banged — God, I love saying that! — in Detroit yesterday has a lot of people looking toward the skies today. The current look seems OK:
- Detroit: There’s a chance of rain in the early afternoon, but it should clear up by game time with temperatures in the upper 50s.
- St. Louis: A slightly higher chance of rain, but still fairly low, with no big storms moving in the area this evening. Temperatures also in the mid-to-upper 50s.
And yes, I am enjoying this as my dad is a retired meteorologist and doing this is cheaper than years of therapy.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)