Oct 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Not surprisingly new Astros manager Bo Porter wants to assemble his own coaching staff and Houston has parted ways with bench coach Joe Pettini, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
Pettini spent 10 years as Tony La Russa’s bench coach in St. Louis, where he worked with current Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, and when La Russa retired Luhnow hired Pettini to join then-manager Brad Mills‘ staff.
It’ll be interesting to see if returning to the Cardinals is an option for Pettini now that La Russa is gone.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)