Oct 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Not surprisingly new Astros manager Bo Porter wants to assemble his own coaching staff and Houston has parted ways with bench coach Joe Pettini, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
Pettini spent 10 years as Tony La Russa’s bench coach in St. Louis, where he worked with current Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, and when La Russa retired Luhnow hired Pettini to join then-manager Brad Mills‘ staff.
It’ll be interesting to see if returning to the Cardinals is an option for Pettini now that La Russa is gone.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 4
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)