Oct 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Not surprisingly new Astros manager Bo Porter wants to assemble his own coaching staff and Houston has parted ways with bench coach Joe Pettini, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
Pettini spent 10 years as Tony La Russa’s bench coach in St. Louis, where he worked with current Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, and when La Russa retired Luhnow hired Pettini to join then-manager Brad Mills‘ staff.
It’ll be interesting to see if returning to the Cardinals is an option for Pettini now that La Russa is gone.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)