Oct 19, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
Not surprisingly new Astros manager Bo Porter wants to assemble his own coaching staff and Houston has parted ways with bench coach Joe Pettini, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
Pettini spent 10 years as Tony La Russa’s bench coach in St. Louis, where he worked with current Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, and when La Russa retired Luhnow hired Pettini to join then-manager Brad Mills‘ staff.
It’ll be interesting to see if returning to the Cardinals is an option for Pettini now that La Russa is gone.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)