Oct 19, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
CC Sabathia insisted after last night’s ugly outing that the elbow problems he dealt with earlier in the season weren’t an issue, but general manager Brian Cashman noted that the Yankees will ask him to get checked out anyway.
“Let’s put it this way, we’re going to look at that elbow, no doubt about it,” Cashman said, via Marc Carig of New York Newsday. “That will be on the list of things we have to look at now that the offseason’s here. Whether he wants to or not, we’re going to go look into this thing and make sure everything’s OK.”
Sabathia failed to make it out of the fourth inning against the Tigers, allowing six runs on 11 hits, but said afterward that his elbow “felt good” and “it felt good enough to pitch tonight.” And six days earlier Sabathia tossed a one-run complete game against the Orioles, striking out nine while allowing just four hits.
Sabathia, who signed an extension almost exactly one year ago, is under contract for at least another four years and $99 million.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)