Oct 19, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
CC Sabathia insisted after last night’s ugly outing that the elbow problems he dealt with earlier in the season weren’t an issue, but general manager Brian Cashman noted that the Yankees will ask him to get checked out anyway.
“Let’s put it this way, we’re going to look at that elbow, no doubt about it,” Cashman said, via Marc Carig of New York Newsday. “That will be on the list of things we have to look at now that the offseason’s here. Whether he wants to or not, we’re going to go look into this thing and make sure everything’s OK.”
Sabathia failed to make it out of the fourth inning against the Tigers, allowing six runs on 11 hits, but said afterward that his elbow “felt good” and “it felt good enough to pitch tonight.” And six days earlier Sabathia tossed a one-run complete game against the Orioles, striking out nine while allowing just four hits.
Sabathia, who signed an extension almost exactly one year ago, is under contract for at least another four years and $99 million.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)