Oct 19, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Award season is upon us.
Posey missed most of last season after breaking his ankle in a home plate collision, but returned to play 146 games while hitting .336 to win the NL batting title and will get strong support for MVP.
Rodney came back from being terrible rather than an injury, but his story is perhaps even more remarkable. Last season he was demoted to mop-up man in the Angels’ bullpen thanks to a 4.50 ERA and more walks than strikeouts in 32 innings. And this year, at age 35, all he did was top Dennis Eckersley to set the all-time record for lowest ERA by a pitcher with 50 or more innings at 0.60.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 10
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)