Oct 19, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Award season is upon us.
Posey missed most of last season after breaking his ankle in a home plate collision, but returned to play 146 games while hitting .336 to win the NL batting title and will get strong support for MVP.
Rodney came back from being terrible rather than an injury, but his story is perhaps even more remarkable. Last season he was demoted to mop-up man in the Angels’ bullpen thanks to a 4.50 ERA and more walks than strikeouts in 32 innings. And this year, at age 35, all he did was top Dennis Eckersley to set the all-time record for lowest ERA by a pitcher with 50 or more innings at 0.60.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)