Oct 19, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the NLCS between the Giants and Cardinals, in St. Louis:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Jon Jay, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Allen Craig, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 8. Brandon Crawford 8. Pete Kozma, SS 9. Barry Zito, SP 9. Lance Lynn, SP
Bruce Bochy is back to using his standard lineup, which means Hector Sanchez moves to the bench after catching Tim Lincecum in Game 4. Buster Posey is back behind the plate, Brandon Belt is starting at first base, and Hunter Pence is hitting fifth after a one-game demotion to the sixth spot. Oh, and Barry Zito is on the mound with the Giants’ season on the line.
Mike Matheny held off posting his lineup until the last minute because Carlos Beltran was getting treatment on his strained left knee after sitting out Game 4 last night. Beltran got acupuncture and apparently felt good, or at least good enough, because he’s back in the lineup and Matt Carpenter is back on the bench.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)