Oct 19, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the NLCS between the Giants and Cardinals, in St. Louis:
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Angel Pagan, CF 1. Jon Jay, CF 2. Marco Scutaro, 2B 2. Carlos Beltran, RF 3. Pablo Sandoval, 3B 3. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Allen Craig, 1B 5. Hunter Pence, RF 5. Yadier Molina, C 6. Brandon Belt, 1B 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Gregor Blanco, LF 7. Daniel Descalso, 2B 8. Brandon Crawford 8. Pete Kozma, SS 9. Barry Zito, SP 9. Lance Lynn, SP
Bruce Bochy is back to using his standard lineup, which means Hector Sanchez moves to the bench after catching Tim Lincecum in Game 4. Buster Posey is back behind the plate, Brandon Belt is starting at first base, and Hunter Pence is hitting fifth after a one-game demotion to the sixth spot. Oh, and Barry Zito is on the mound with the Giants’ season on the line.
Mike Matheny held off posting his lineup until the last minute because Carlos Beltran was getting treatment on his strained left knee after sitting out Game 4 last night. Beltran got acupuncture and apparently felt good, or at least good enough, because he’s back in the lineup and Matt Carpenter is back on the bench.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11