Oct 20, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
Chris Young’s arrival Saturday from Arizona gives Oakland a crowded outfield depth chart for 2013.
So there has to be an odd man out this winter.
Gomes served as an emotional leader for the American League West champions this year while posting a cool .868 OPS in 333 plate appearances. But there simply isn’t a spot for him alongside Yoenis Cespedes, Josh Reddick, Collin Cowgill, Coco Crisp and now Young. The 31-year-old Gomes will be in search of a multi-year deal from a new team.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)