Oct 20, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
After letting go of bench coach Joe Pettini yesterday, new Astros manager Bo Porter is close to completing his new coaching staff.
According to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com, the Astros confirmed yesterday that they have hired former Orioles manager Dave Trembley for a yet-to-be-announced position while John Mallee will serve as hitting coach. Trembley has spent the past two seasons as the minor league field coordinator for the Braves while Mallee most recently worked as hitting coach with the Marlins from 2010-2011.
There will be a couple of holdovers from Brad Mills‘ staff, as Doug Brocail will return as pitching coach after taking over for Brad Arnsberg in June of 2011. Dave Clark will also stick around after serving as third base coach for the past four seasons, though his role could change under Porter.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3