Oct 20, 2012, 7:23 PM EST
Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran left Game 3 of the NLCS against the Giants with a strained left knee and did not appear in Game 4 on Thursday evening.
But he returned to action — even stealing a base — in Game 5 and should be a go again for Game 6.
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said in a chat with the media Saturday that “everything is good” with Beltran’s knee following Friday night’s loss to the Giants and a subsequent flight to San Francisco.
Beltran, a .371/.479/.810 career hitter in the playoffs, is batting .382/.463/.794 with three home runs, five doubles, six RBI and two stolen bases in 10 games this postseason. He’s trying to lead St. Louis to its second straight World Series. The best-of-seven NLCS is currently led 3-2 by the Cardinals.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (181)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)