Oct 20, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
The Red Sox are currently in negotiations with the Blue Jays in an effort to secure John Farrell as their new manager, but they are also trying to keep a familiar face in the fold.
We heard earlier this week that Ortiz is looking for a two-year deal in the range of $25-30 million. While he turns 37 in November and is coming off a season-ending Achilles injury, he has a pretty good case for the multi-year deal he has long coveted. Building off a resurgent 2011 campaign, Ortiz batted .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games this year.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)