Oct 20, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
The Red Sox are currently in negotiations with the Blue Jays in an effort to secure John Farrell as their new manager, but they are also trying to keep a familiar face in the fold.
We heard earlier this week that Ortiz is looking for a two-year deal in the range of $25-30 million. While he turns 37 in November and is coming off a season-ending Achilles injury, he has a pretty good case for the multi-year deal he has long coveted. Building off a resurgent 2011 campaign, Ortiz batted .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games this year.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47