Oct 20, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
The Red Sox are currently in negotiations with the Blue Jays in an effort to secure John Farrell as their new manager, but they are also trying to keep a familiar face in the fold.
We heard earlier this week that Ortiz is looking for a two-year deal in the range of $25-30 million. While he turns 37 in November and is coming off a season-ending Achilles injury, he has a pretty good case for the multi-year deal he has long coveted. Building off a resurgent 2011 campaign, Ortiz batted .318/.415/.611 with 23 home runs, 60 RBI and a 1.026 OPS in 90 games this year.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (95)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)