Oct 21, 2012, 4:26 PM EST
And it’ll be all hands on deck behind them.
Bumgarner, who’s been displaying signs of fatigue since mid-August, yielded six earned runs in 3 2/3 innings during the Giants’ NLCS Game 1 defeat. Lincecum yielded four runs over 4 2/3 innings as San Francisco fell in Game 4. If they’re called upon, it will likely be for mop-up duty in a blowout win or loss.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)