Oct 21, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
And it’ll be all hands on deck behind them.
Bumgarner, who’s been displaying signs of fatigue since mid-August, yielded six earned runs in 3 2/3 innings during the Giants’ NLCS Game 1 defeat. Lincecum yielded four runs over 4 2/3 innings as San Francisco fell in Game 4. If they’re called upon, it will likely be for mop-up duty in a blowout win or loss.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)