Oct 21, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
And it’ll be all hands on deck behind them.
Bumgarner, who’s been displaying signs of fatigue since mid-August, yielded six earned runs in 3 2/3 innings during the Giants’ NLCS Game 1 defeat. Lincecum yielded four runs over 4 2/3 innings as San Francisco fell in Game 4. If they’re called upon, it will likely be for mop-up duty in a blowout win or loss.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)