Oct 21, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
I’ll believe Justin Upton will be a Diamondback in 2013 when I see him in an Arizona uniform on Opening Day.
Rosenthal envisions Jason Kubel, Adam Eaton and Gerardo Parra making up the D’Backs starting outfield in 2013 and Upton being used to fetch a starting pitcher or a long-term answer at shortstop. “Saturday was but a means to an end,” Rosenthal writes.
Upton posted a disappointing .280/.355/.430 batting line with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this summer for Arizona. The 25-year-old right fielder is owed $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)