Oct 21, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
I’ll believe Justin Upton will be a Diamondback in 2013 when I see him in an Arizona uniform on Opening Day.
Rosenthal envisions Jason Kubel, Adam Eaton and Gerardo Parra making up the D’Backs starting outfield in 2013 and Upton being used to fetch a starting pitcher or a long-term answer at shortstop. “Saturday was but a means to an end,” Rosenthal writes.
Upton posted a disappointing .280/.355/.430 batting line with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this summer for Arizona. The 25-year-old right fielder is owed $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 35
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 47
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 27
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)