Oct 21, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
I’ll believe Justin Upton will be a Diamondback in 2013 when I see him in an Arizona uniform on Opening Day.
Rosenthal envisions Jason Kubel, Adam Eaton and Gerardo Parra making up the D’Backs starting outfield in 2013 and Upton being used to fetch a starting pitcher or a long-term answer at shortstop. “Saturday was but a means to an end,” Rosenthal writes.
Upton posted a disappointing .280/.355/.430 batting line with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this summer for Arizona. The 25-year-old right fielder is owed $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)