Oct 21, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
I’ll believe Justin Upton will be a Diamondback in 2013 when I see him in an Arizona uniform on Opening Day.
Rosenthal envisions Jason Kubel, Adam Eaton and Gerardo Parra making up the D’Backs starting outfield in 2013 and Upton being used to fetch a starting pitcher or a long-term answer at shortstop. “Saturday was but a means to an end,” Rosenthal writes.
Upton posted a disappointing .280/.355/.430 batting line with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this summer for Arizona. The 25-year-old right fielder is owed $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)