Oct 21, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
The Tigers have no reason to make any changes to their postseason starting rotation. So they won’t.
Tigers manager Jim Leyland told Bob Nightengale of USA Today that Justin Verlander will start Game 1, Doug Fister will start Game 2, Anibal Sanchez will start Game 3 and Max Scherzer will start Game 4 no matter which team — Cardinals or Giants — his club winds up facing in the 2012 World Series.
Those four registered a 0.66 ERA last round against the Yankees, allowing just two runs on 14 hits over 27 1/3 combined innings. That’s the second-best mark in a best-of-seven, behind only the 1966 Orioles.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)