Oct 21, 2012, 12:42 PM EST
The Tigers have no reason to make any changes to their postseason starting rotation. So they won’t.
Tigers manager Jim Leyland told Bob Nightengale of USA Today that Justin Verlander will start Game 1, Doug Fister will start Game 2, Anibal Sanchez will start Game 3 and Max Scherzer will start Game 4 no matter which team — Cardinals or Giants — his club winds up facing in the 2012 World Series.
Those four registered a 0.66 ERA last round against the Yankees, allowing just two runs on 14 hits over 27 1/3 combined innings. That’s the second-best mark in a best-of-seven, behind only the 1966 Orioles.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)