Oct 22, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
Giants 6, Cardinals 1: And we head to Game 7, as the Giants continue to only really want to turn it on this post season once they’re facing elimination. And of course as everyone predicted it happened thanks to a great Ryan Vogelsong start which followed a great Barry Zito start which all came while people were hearing rumors that Tim Lincecum — who has been relegated to the bullpen — is on the trading block.
Baseball is one giant mindf**k sometimes.
In that Game 7 — which is under a pretty hefty threat of rain right now — we’ll see Matt Cain take on Kyle Lohse in a rematch of Game 3. Lohse won that one and has been fantastic this postseason. Cain, less so, but they guy can pitch a little and it’s definitely a strong matchup.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 42
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)