Oct 22, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
Giants 6, Cardinals 1: And we head to Game 7, as the Giants continue to only really want to turn it on this post season once they’re facing elimination. And of course as everyone predicted it happened thanks to a great Ryan Vogelsong start which followed a great Barry Zito start which all came while people were hearing rumors that Tim Lincecum — who has been relegated to the bullpen — is on the trading block.
Baseball is one giant mindf**k sometimes.
In that Game 7 — which is under a pretty hefty threat of rain right now — we’ll see Matt Cain take on Kyle Lohse in a rematch of Game 3. Lohse won that one and has been fantastic this postseason. Cain, less so, but they guy can pitch a little and it’s definitely a strong matchup.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL