Oct 22, 2012, 5:45 AM EST
Giants 6, Cardinals 1: And we head to Game 7, as the Giants continue to only really want to turn it on this post season once they’re facing elimination. And of course as everyone predicted it happened thanks to a great Ryan Vogelsong start which followed a great Barry Zito start which all came while people were hearing rumors that Tim Lincecum — who has been relegated to the bullpen — is on the trading block.
Baseball is one giant mindf**k sometimes.
In that Game 7 — which is under a pretty hefty threat of rain right now — we’ll see Matt Cain take on Kyle Lohse in a rematch of Game 3. Lohse won that one and has been fantastic this postseason. Cain, less so, but they guy can pitch a little and it’s definitely a strong matchup.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)