Oct 22, 2012, 5:45 AM EDT
Giants 6, Cardinals 1: And we head to Game 7, as the Giants continue to only really want to turn it on this post season once they’re facing elimination. And of course as everyone predicted it happened thanks to a great Ryan Vogelsong start which followed a great Barry Zito start which all came while people were hearing rumors that Tim Lincecum — who has been relegated to the bullpen — is on the trading block.
Baseball is one giant mindf**k sometimes.
In that Game 7 — which is under a pretty hefty threat of rain right now — we’ll see Matt Cain take on Kyle Lohse in a rematch of Game 3. Lohse won that one and has been fantastic this postseason. Cain, less so, but they guy can pitch a little and it’s definitely a strong matchup.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)