Oct 22, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
The Giants have grabbed an early 1-0 lead in Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Angel Pagan led off the bottom of the first inning with a single against Kyle Lohse and moved over to third base with an opposite-field single by Marco Scutaro, who now has a 10-game hitting streak during the postseason. Pablo Sandoval then hit a tapper back to Lohse, who couldn’t quite get the handle and had to settle for the out at first base rather than make a play at the plate.
Loshe got Buster Posey to ground out and Hunter Pence to strike out to avoid any further damage, but the early lead for the Giants could be crucial. The first team to score has won five out of the six games during the series.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)