Oct 22, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
The Giants have grabbed an early 1-0 lead in Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Angel Pagan led off the bottom of the first inning with a single against Kyle Lohse and moved over to third base with an opposite-field single by Marco Scutaro, who now has a 10-game hitting streak during the postseason. Pablo Sandoval then hit a tapper back to Lohse, who couldn’t quite get the handle and had to settle for the out at first base rather than make a play at the plate.
Loshe got Buster Posey to ground out and Hunter Pence to strike out to avoid any further damage, but the early lead for the Giants could be crucial. The first team to score has won five out of the six games during the series.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)