Oct 22, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
The Giants have grabbed an early 1-0 lead in Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Angel Pagan led off the bottom of the first inning with a single against Kyle Lohse and moved over to third base with an opposite-field single by Marco Scutaro, who now has a 10-game hitting streak during the postseason. Pablo Sandoval then hit a tapper back to Lohse, who couldn’t quite get the handle and had to settle for the out at first base rather than make a play at the plate.
Loshe got Buster Posey to ground out and Hunter Pence to strike out to avoid any further damage, but the early lead for the Giants could be crucial. The first team to score has won five out of the six games during the series.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)