Oct 22, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
The Giants have grabbed an early 1-0 lead in Game 7 of the NLCS against the Cardinals.
Angel Pagan led off the bottom of the first inning with a single against Kyle Lohse and moved over to third base with an opposite-field single by Marco Scutaro, who now has a 10-game hitting streak during the postseason. Pablo Sandoval then hit a tapper back to Lohse, who couldn’t quite get the handle and had to settle for the out at first base rather than make a play at the plate.
Loshe got Buster Posey to ground out and Hunter Pence to strike out to avoid any further damage, but the early lead for the Giants could be crucial. The first team to score has won five out of the six games during the series.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)