Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
The Giants pushed their lead over the Cardinals to 2-0 in the bottom of the second inning thanks to a two-out RBI single by Matt Cain. Yes, you read that correctly.
Brandon Belt grounded out to begin the inning before Gregor Blanco reached on a single to right field. Blanco moved over to second base when Allen Craig made a diving stop of a ground ball off the bat of Brandon Crawford for the second out. However, Kyle Lohse hung one and Cain took advantage by lining it right up the middle and into center field. The Giants have RBI hits from their starting pitchers in three straight games.
Cain has tossed two scoreless innings so far tonight, but he has already thrown 46 pitches. While he might not be long for this game, he’s sure making an impact.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 18
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 89
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 81
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)