Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
The Giants pushed their lead over the Cardinals to 2-0 in the bottom of the second inning thanks to a two-out RBI single by Matt Cain. Yes, you read that correctly.
Brandon Belt grounded out to begin the inning before Gregor Blanco reached on a single to right field. Blanco moved over to second base when Allen Craig made a diving stop of a ground ball off the bat of Brandon Crawford for the second out. However, Kyle Lohse hung one and Cain took advantage by lining it right up the middle and into center field. The Giants have RBI hits from their starting pitchers in three straight games.
Cain has tossed two scoreless innings so far tonight, but he has already thrown 46 pitches. While he might not be long for this game, he’s sure making an impact.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 7
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 15
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)