Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
The Giants pushed their lead over the Cardinals to 2-0 in the bottom of the second inning thanks to a two-out RBI single by Matt Cain. Yes, you read that correctly.
Brandon Belt grounded out to begin the inning before Gregor Blanco reached on a single to right field. Blanco moved over to second base when Allen Craig made a diving stop of a ground ball off the bat of Brandon Crawford for the second out. However, Kyle Lohse hung one and Cain took advantage by lining it right up the middle and into center field. The Giants have RBI hits from their starting pitchers in three straight games.
Cain has tossed two scoreless innings so far tonight, but he has already thrown 46 pitches. While he might not be long for this game, he’s sure making an impact.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 118
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)