Oct 22, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out Game 6 last night with a back injury and various reports had him doubtful to play Game 7, but the Cardinals left fielder is in the starting lineup tonight.
It’s possible he could be a last-minute scratch if pregame workouts don’t go well, but for now at least Holliday is playing left field and batting in his usual No. 3 spot between Carlos Beltran and Allen Craig.
Matt Carpenter started at first base in Holliday’s absence last night, with Allen Craig shifting to left field. Holliday has hit just .222 with one homer and a .597 OPS in 11 games this postseason.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 18
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 89
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 81
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)