Oct 22, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out Game 6 last night with a back injury and various reports had him doubtful to play Game 7, but the Cardinals left fielder is in the starting lineup tonight.
It’s possible he could be a last-minute scratch if pregame workouts don’t go well, but for now at least Holliday is playing left field and batting in his usual No. 3 spot between Carlos Beltran and Allen Craig.
Matt Carpenter started at first base in Holliday’s absence last night, with Allen Craig shifting to left field. Holliday has hit just .222 with one homer and a .597 OPS in 11 games this postseason.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 38
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)