Oct 22, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Matt Holliday sat out Game 6 last night with a back injury and various reports had him doubtful to play Game 7, but the Cardinals left fielder is in the starting lineup tonight.
It’s possible he could be a last-minute scratch if pregame workouts don’t go well, but for now at least Holliday is playing left field and batting in his usual No. 3 spot between Carlos Beltran and Allen Craig.
Matt Carpenter started at first base in Holliday’s absence last night, with Allen Craig shifting to left field. Holliday has hit just .222 with one homer and a .597 OPS in 11 games this postseason.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)