Oct 22, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
As in, he still thinks the Cardinals have the most dangerous lineup for Game 7 even without Matt Holliday playing:
“We’ve won all year without me, and without Pujols,” Berkman said Sunday, after the Cardinals’ 6-1 loss in Game 6. “I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but you take a guy like Matt out of our lineup, we’re still more dangerous [than the Giants].
“No disrespect, I still like our lineup better.”
Cardinals runs scored so far: 19. Giants: 26. Cardinals LCS batting line: .219/.267/.327, Giants LCS batting line: .241/.303/.329.
Maybe the Cardinals are theoretically more dangerous than the Giants are, but they haven’t been this series. Neither team has really.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 46
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 89
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 96
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (194)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (95)