Oct 22, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
As in, he still thinks the Cardinals have the most dangerous lineup for Game 7 even without Matt Holliday playing:
“We’ve won all year without me, and without Pujols,” Berkman said Sunday, after the Cardinals’ 6-1 loss in Game 6. “I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but you take a guy like Matt out of our lineup, we’re still more dangerous [than the Giants].
“No disrespect, I still like our lineup better.”
Cardinals runs scored so far: 19. Giants: 26. Cardinals LCS batting line: .219/.267/.327, Giants LCS batting line: .241/.303/.329.
Maybe the Cardinals are theoretically more dangerous than the Giants are, but they haven’t been this series. Neither team has really.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)