Oct 22, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
As in, he still thinks the Cardinals have the most dangerous lineup for Game 7 even without Matt Holliday playing:
“We’ve won all year without me, and without Pujols,” Berkman said Sunday, after the Cardinals’ 6-1 loss in Game 6. “I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but you take a guy like Matt out of our lineup, we’re still more dangerous [than the Giants].
“No disrespect, I still like our lineup better.”
Cardinals runs scored so far: 19. Giants: 26. Cardinals LCS batting line: .219/.267/.327, Giants LCS batting line: .241/.303/.329.
Maybe the Cardinals are theoretically more dangerous than the Giants are, but they haven’t been this series. Neither team has really.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)