Oct 22, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
As in, he still thinks the Cardinals have the most dangerous lineup for Game 7 even without Matt Holliday playing:
“We’ve won all year without me, and without Pujols,” Berkman said Sunday, after the Cardinals’ 6-1 loss in Game 6. “I’ll probably get roasted for saying this, but you take a guy like Matt out of our lineup, we’re still more dangerous [than the Giants].
“No disrespect, I still like our lineup better.”
Cardinals runs scored so far: 19. Giants: 26. Cardinals LCS batting line: .219/.267/.327, Giants LCS batting line: .241/.303/.329.
Maybe the Cardinals are theoretically more dangerous than the Giants are, but they haven’t been this series. Neither team has really.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)