Oct 22, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Between him being basically run out of Atlanta a couple of years ago due the perception that he wasn’t a team player, that business with the eyeblack late this season, the fact that he makes $5 million next year and — most importantly — the fact that he’s coming off a bad season in which he hit .253/.300/.344, it’s gonna be a tall order to get any kind of value for him.
He’s a better player than that, typically, so one would think that the best bet would be to enter 2013 with him, hope he returns to usual form and, if the Jays don’t contend, try to deal him then.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)