Oct 22, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
As Cashman gave a lukewarm welcome back to his tarnished star, Rodriguez was in sunny Miami for some undeserved R & R. Clad in black shades and a black baseball cap that did little to hide his crushed ego, vanity and pride, A-Rod came to visit the only objects of beauty he has produced recently — his two daughters.
There isn’t enough purple in the world for that prose.
Although I’m sure there are people who would read this and say something silly about how you’re not truly a big-time ballplayer unless you can hack it on the big stage of New York. Without ever really admitting that by “big stage” they mean “in the light of a silly, petty and juvenile media environment that has convinced itself that it matters.”
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)