Oct 22, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
As Cashman gave a lukewarm welcome back to his tarnished star, Rodriguez was in sunny Miami for some undeserved R & R. Clad in black shades and a black baseball cap that did little to hide his crushed ego, vanity and pride, A-Rod came to visit the only objects of beauty he has produced recently — his two daughters.
There isn’t enough purple in the world for that prose.
Although I’m sure there are people who would read this and say something silly about how you’re not truly a big-time ballplayer unless you can hack it on the big stage of New York. Without ever really admitting that by “big stage” they mean “in the light of a silly, petty and juvenile media environment that has convinced itself that it matters.”
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39