Oct 22, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
As Cashman gave a lukewarm welcome back to his tarnished star, Rodriguez was in sunny Miami for some undeserved R & R. Clad in black shades and a black baseball cap that did little to hide his crushed ego, vanity and pride, A-Rod came to visit the only objects of beauty he has produced recently — his two daughters.
There isn’t enough purple in the world for that prose.
Although I’m sure there are people who would read this and say something silly about how you’re not truly a big-time ballplayer unless you can hack it on the big stage of New York. Without ever really admitting that by “big stage” they mean “in the light of a silly, petty and juvenile media environment that has convinced itself that it matters.”
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 38
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29