Oct 22, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
As Cashman gave a lukewarm welcome back to his tarnished star, Rodriguez was in sunny Miami for some undeserved R & R. Clad in black shades and a black baseball cap that did little to hide his crushed ego, vanity and pride, A-Rod came to visit the only objects of beauty he has produced recently — his two daughters.
There isn’t enough purple in the world for that prose.
Although I’m sure there are people who would read this and say something silly about how you’re not truly a big-time ballplayer unless you can hack it on the big stage of New York. Without ever really admitting that by “big stage” they mean “in the light of a silly, petty and juvenile media environment that has convinced itself that it matters.”
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40