Oct 23, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s a clip of Valentine’s interview with Costas, which includes the former Red Sox manager saying he thought David Ortiz “decided not to play anymore” once they were out of the race:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There’s no baseball game tonight, but if you’re into car wrecks and/or post mortems, Bobby Valentine is going to be sitting down for an interview with Bob Costas this evening. It’s on Costas Tonight, which airs at 10PM on the NBC Network.
This will be Valentine’s first sit-down interview since being canned following his and the Red Sox’ last place finish. A pretty notable one-and-done, I’d say. Biggest reason to watch, I’d say: to see if you can tell whether the Sox made him sign some sort of non-disparagement agreement. If he goes all vague-Bobby, they probably did. Under normal circumstances, however, you know he’d be full of passive-aggressive slams of management and some of his players.
Also on the show will be Michelle Beadle, who will be talking about social media topics and Jeremy Roenick who will discuss the NHL lockout.
Be there, babies.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 29
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)