Oct 23, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s a clip of Valentine’s interview with Costas, which includes the former Red Sox manager saying he thought David Ortiz “decided not to play anymore” once they were out of the race:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There’s no baseball game tonight, but if you’re into car wrecks and/or post mortems, Bobby Valentine is going to be sitting down for an interview with Bob Costas this evening. It’s on Costas Tonight, which airs at 10PM on the NBC Network.
This will be Valentine’s first sit-down interview since being canned following his and the Red Sox’ last place finish. A pretty notable one-and-done, I’d say. Biggest reason to watch, I’d say: to see if you can tell whether the Sox made him sign some sort of non-disparagement agreement. If he goes all vague-Bobby, they probably did. Under normal circumstances, however, you know he’d be full of passive-aggressive slams of management and some of his players.
Also on the show will be Michelle Beadle, who will be talking about social media topics and Jeremy Roenick who will discuss the NHL lockout.
Be there, babies.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (80)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)