Oct 23, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s a clip of Valentine’s interview with Costas, which includes the former Red Sox manager saying he thought David Ortiz “decided not to play anymore” once they were out of the race:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There’s no baseball game tonight, but if you’re into car wrecks and/or post mortems, Bobby Valentine is going to be sitting down for an interview with Bob Costas this evening. It’s on Costas Tonight, which airs at 10PM on the NBC Network.
This will be Valentine’s first sit-down interview since being canned following his and the Red Sox’ last place finish. A pretty notable one-and-done, I’d say. Biggest reason to watch, I’d say: to see if you can tell whether the Sox made him sign some sort of non-disparagement agreement. If he goes all vague-Bobby, they probably did. Under normal circumstances, however, you know he’d be full of passive-aggressive slams of management and some of his players.
Also on the show will be Michelle Beadle, who will be talking about social media topics and Jeremy Roenick who will discuss the NHL lockout.
Be there, babies.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)