Oct 23, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: Here’s a clip of Valentine’s interview with Costas, which includes the former Red Sox manager saying he thought David Ortiz “decided not to play anymore” once they were out of the race:
There’s no baseball game tonight, but if you’re into car wrecks and/or post mortems, Bobby Valentine is going to be sitting down for an interview with Bob Costas this evening. It’s on Costas Tonight, which airs at 10PM on the NBC Network.
This will be Valentine’s first sit-down interview since being canned following his and the Red Sox’ last place finish. A pretty notable one-and-done, I’d say. Biggest reason to watch, I’d say: to see if you can tell whether the Sox made him sign some sort of non-disparagement agreement. If he goes all vague-Bobby, they probably did. Under normal circumstances, however, you know he’d be full of passive-aggressive slams of management and some of his players.
Also on the show will be Michelle Beadle, who will be talking about social media topics and Jeremy Roenick who will discuss the NHL lockout.
Be there, babies.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination