Oct 23, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
James Rowson took over as the Cubs’ interim hitting coach after the team fired Rudy Jaramillo in mid-June and today he got the full-time job.
Chicago also gave assistant general manager Randy Bush a three-year contract extension and hired Reds Triple-A manager David Bell as third base coach, where he’ll replace Pat Listach.
When the Cubs fired Jaramillo they were hitting .247 with a .689 OPS while averaging 3.7 runs per game. After replacing him with Rowson they hit .235 with a .674 OPS while averaging 3.8 runs per game.
Sometimes the grass is the same exact shade of green on the other side.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27