Oct 23, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
James Rowson took over as the Cubs’ interim hitting coach after the team fired Rudy Jaramillo in mid-June and today he got the full-time job.
Chicago also gave assistant general manager Randy Bush a three-year contract extension and hired Reds Triple-A manager David Bell as third base coach, where he’ll replace Pat Listach.
When the Cubs fired Jaramillo they were hitting .247 with a .689 OPS while averaging 3.7 runs per game. After replacing him with Rowson they hit .235 with a .674 OPS while averaging 3.8 runs per game.
Sometimes the grass is the same exact shade of green on the other side.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 20
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 17
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)